UPDATE, April 25th, 2019:
Both boys and girls U8 age divisions are FULL and registration is closed for these groups.
Summer registration is now open to both Storm members and the general public. Space is limited, so if your age division is full, please continue with the registration process and your player's name will be added to the waitlist.
All players MUST use our online form to register. Players can register online at home or drop into our in-person registration night to complete the online form. In person registration night will be on Tuesday, March 26th from 6pm - 8pm at the North Woodside Community Centre.
U8 players practice twice a week on weekday evenings and have the option of participating in weekend soccer Jamborees. Jamborees are hosted by Clubs around the HRM on Saturdays, with rain dates on Sundays. Jamborees are fun, tournament style events where U8 teams get to play three short games against other Clubs. Players sign up for the games that they can attend and a team is created for each Jamboree with those players.
Our U8 program follows Canada Soccer's Long Term Player Development (LTPD). The program allows children to develop their movement ABCs - agility, balance, coordination, and speed - and learn the basics of the game while emphasizing fun, cooperation, and maximum time on the ball.
Program Start / Finish:
Our first week of outdoor practices begin the week of June 3rd, 2019. Summer season runs until the second last week of August. (August 19th - 23rd)
U8 will practice twice a week in the early evenings, however the practice schedule will not be finalized until a few weeks prior to the start of season. (June 3rd). The schedule depends on several factors; coach availablilty, number of teams and field allocation. The practice schedule will be posted on the Storm website / social media as soon as it's finalized.
Our home field of Eric Graves Field.
(Credit card, cash or cheque are accepted types of payment)
Parents to provide:
- Storm Uniform
- Soccer cleats
- Shin pads
- Water bottle
General Program Information:
- U8 players do not attend placement sessions.
- For information on financial aid, including Kidsport, Jumpstart and the Storm Soccer Scholarship Program, please click here.
- Stay in the loop! We encourage you to follow us on Storm Instagram (@stormsoccerclub), Twitter (@Storm_Soccer) or "like" our Storm Facebook page, "Storm Soccer Club".
- Please click here to view our Refund Policy
- Have more questions? Drop into our in-person registration night at the North Woodside Community Centre on Tues, March 26th from 6pm - 8pm. This will be a great opportunity to:
- Register online
- Meet our coaches
- Pick up your practice kit
- Pay your fees
- Get any questions you have answered